Your prophets have seen for you false and deceptive visions; they have not uncovered your iniquity, to bring back your captives, but have envisioned for you false prophecies and delusions (Lamentations 2:14)
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables (2 Timothy 4:3-4).
As a ministry, we have been troubled by some of the new teachings that are becoming popular in the body of Christ. One of these new teachings is the “holy fire” ministry, which is being promoted by Pastor Kim Yong-Doo (pastor of the Lord’s Church in Incheon, South Korea) and the churches he has taught or promoted these new doctrines (such as Blazing Holy Fire Church in Aurora, Colorado, and the Lord’s Church branches in the USA). The origin of these teachings is documented in detail in Pastor Kim’s “Baptize By Blazing Fire: Divine Expose of Heaven and Hell” books. We do not endorse these books and do not recommend them to anyone. If you read any parts these books, PLEASE prayerfully verify and ask the Holy Spirit to give you discernment using the TRUTH of the Bible.
We are going to examine some of these “holy fire” teachings in the light of the Scriptures to see whether they are Biblical or not. As a ministry, we believe that the Bible is the authoritative source, not any man’s teachings. As such, this article is not a personal attack against the proponents of these “holy fire” teachings; rather we are challenging their teachings in the light of God’s Holy Word. Anyone who can prove that these holy fire teachings are indeed Biblical (found in God’s Word) is invited to respond to us with the relevant verses from Scripture that support their assertions. Also, if anything that we have written here is not Biblical, feel free to write us and reason with us.
Two of our ministry team members (Brother A and Sister B) were involved in and recently delivered from the holy fire ministry and teachings after humbling themselves before the Lord and repenting, following the Lord’s revelation that these were false teachings (refer to the False Witness article and the Follow-up article). Their first-hand accounts and testimonies are shared within this article, which was co-authored with Brother Glenn.
We sincerely apologize that this week’s article is long, but this was necessary in order to clarify. Our motive in this work was not to driven by wicked motives but to warn people based on scriptural teachings. We therefore pray that you will take time to read and judge for yourself whether what we have written lines up with Scripture.
This article is divided into 4 sections:
- Section 1: Biblical Examination of “Blazing Holy Fire” Teachings – Reviews the teachings by Pastor Kim Yong Doo and Pastor Christine Coleman
- Section 2: The Sabbath Question – Follow-up study on the Sabbath article
- Section 3: Bad Fruit – Examines some of the fruits of the “holy fire” teachers
- Section 4: Testimony of Deliverance – A testimony of how two people were delivered from false teachings
SECTION I: BIBLICAL EXAMINATION OF “BLAZING HOLY FIRE” TEACHINGS
False Teachings from Pastor Kim:
We would like to share what we have prayerfully and Biblically learned about this ministry, for your edification and also that you may be warned, repent, and be saved. This was a mighty deliverance and rescue for us, and we find the Baptize by Blazing Fire books and holy fire ministry as being one of the grandest and most cunning deceptions of the enemy we have ever experienced.
This is not an exhaustive list as things are being revealed to us almost daily. Below is what the Holy Spirit showed us regarding some false teaching from the “holy fire” ministries (specifically Pastor Kim and Pastor Christine) and other things we believed because of having insufficient knowledge of Scriptures (Hosea 4:6) and not examining everything against the Scriptures like the Bereans (Acts 17:11). Those who refuse to love the truth will perish and be given to such powerful delusions as the holy fire teachings (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12). What we are sharing is not to tear down these ministers, but to examine their teachings in light of Scripture so that they and others may heed the warnings, repent, and inherit the Kingdom of Heaven.
1. False Christ Teaching Unbiblical Things: Often times in the Fire books, Pastor Kim is presented with a vision or revelation and doubts saying ‘that is not in the Bible,’ but he defaults to believing the vision and we the readers flow along with his thinking. Here is an example of when he rightfully doubted the impartation of a new weapon for fighting demons called Holy Electricity ‘I (Joo Eun, Pastor Kim’s daughter) turned and said to the Pastor (Pastor Kim, her dad), “Jesus said that He will grant us Holy Electricity. The Lord will grant the most power to you. The rest of us will receive a little less of the electric power. The Pastor replied, “The word electricity or electric power in the Holy Spirit is not in the Bible. Before the Pastor was able to finish his reply, the Lord interrupted and said, “There is much more power that exists which is not stated in the Bible. There are other unimaginable powers that exist!”’(Book 3 - March 9, 2005)
As you can see here, Pastor Kim’s Jesus interrupted the idea of looking into the Bible and promotes believing things outside the Bible. This is a BIG RED FLAG. If a Jesus is hindering you from double checking his ideas and teachings with the Bible, then how can you verify it is true (Acts 17:11)? The Bible says, if anyone does not preach according to the Word of God, they have no light of dawn (Isaiah 8:20). The Bible also teaches that we should abide in the teaching of Christ and if anyone does not bring His teaching, we should not even receive them into our home or welcome them. Otherwise, we will share in their wicked work (2 John 1:7-11).
Pastor Kim also describes the Lord Jesus as someone who “on numerous occasions, He resembled like the picture in the illustration books” (Book 4, June 6th, 2005 Monday - Memorial Day). At another time, Jesus appeared to them in a red sports car looking like a race car driver, another time in a white suit and looking like “meteorologist from TV” (Book 4, June 6th, 2005 Monday - Memorial Day). We explained in the "Being Respectful" article that based on Scriptural evidence, after the Lord Jesus ascended to Heaven, He appeared to people including Paul and John as full of light and glorified (1 Corinthians 15:42-49; Acts 9:3; Revelation 1:12-16).
If you say to some holy fire followers, “these gifts are not in the Bible”, they may say “not everything is in the Bible” and they may quote 2 Corinthians 9:15 which says, “Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!” They say this ministry has the indescribable gifts. Not so: These gifts are being described as 'Holy Poisonous Thorns' for example. This is not only unbiblical but it doesn't even sound heavenly. What is the limit when the Bible is no longer the source for testing teachings? We are clearly warned not to go beyond what is written (1 Corinthians 4:6).
The Lord Jesus Himself taught from the Scriptures and upheld the truth of the Scriptures. For example after His resurrection and on the road to Emmaus, He taught two of His disciples beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, explaining to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning Himself (Luke 24:27).
2. Cult Following: The Jesus of the Fire Books teaches members to obey the pastor and man. Look what he says here, “When the pastor speaks to the congregation, they have to obey. Pastor Kim, do not worry, but visit her and deliver my message.” (Book 3, February 21st, 2005)'. Pastor Kim and Pastor Christine like to call attention to their ‘spiritual authority’; this is to encourage submission and reverence. We must respect our leaders but the Bible says we must test their words before just following everything they say (1 Thessalonians 5:21). As believers we have an obligation to ourselves and the truth to check every teaching if it is consistent with the Bible.
Pastor Kim writes that besides the Trinity God and Moses, he is the only one who has ever entered a room he calls “The Secret Room” in heaven. Here is what Pastor Kim’s Jesus said about that ‘“No one has ever entered here except Moses. And now you are the only other person allowed, Pastor Kim.”(Book 3, March 15, 2005). Their testimonies lead us to promote and follow them instead of the Lord Jesus Himself (1 Corinthians 1:10-13). This is false teaching as the Bible teaches us to obey God not man (Acts 4:19; Deuteronomy 13:4; Jeremiah 17:5). By following men like these and believing their unbiblical teaching, we are not putting up with sound doctrine but gathering for ourselves teachers to say and prophesy things which our itching ears want to hear (2 Timothy 4:3-4; Isaiah 30:10; Jeremiah 6:10). A false witness will not go unpunished, and whoever pours out lies will perish (Proverbs 19:9).
They also put fear in their followers by teaching that speaking against any of their gifts is an unforgivable sin and blaspheming the Holy Spirit which will definitely land you in hell. Pastor Kim wrote “There are many Holy gifts documented in the bible but there are also many other different Holy gifts which are not stated in the bible. There are people who have a difficult time in believing the gift of the Holy Spirit. There are some who have the gift stated in the bible but do not use them properly. When the Holy gift manifest, there are those who assume and recognize it as dangerous. People have become ignorant about the gift and they do not admit it. Instead, without knowing, they without hesitant commit the sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit.” (Book 4, June 29th 2005) This is exactly what most cults do. Teach unbiblical things and then condemn you if you test them against Scripture. Brethren, do not be afraid; Trust in God not man’s teaching (Psalm 56:11).
Children of God, we want to let you know that the Holy Spirit is our helper and is full of love. He is very precious and leads us into all truth (John 16:13). If you have believed false teaching about the person of the Holy Spirit, repent, and be refreshed again with the Holy Spirit. Some of you have not been able to sense the true presence of God for long time ever since you received the blazing fire "gifts". Please return to the Lord again and that you may enjoy true fellowship with Him.
3. Idolatry: Those who read the Fire books often go from revival to revival for multiple impartations of spiritual ‘gifts’ that require one to keep asking Pastor Kim how they work and how to use them. Only Pastor Kim and those who have received “fire impartation” through him have the ability to impart these ‘gifts’ to others. If a teaching requires you to go to a certain church or look to man in order to get more of God, it is false and a sin of idolatry. It is Jesus we must follow, not man (Deuteronomy 13:4; John 8:12; John 10:27; John 12:26). Jesus also taught that the time has come when we don’t have to worship God in a specific place or location, but we should worship the Lord in Spirit and in truth (John 4:21-24).
4. Unbiblical ‘holy fire’ Impartation: Pastor Kim says he went through a fire tunnel in heaven which NO ONE else has ever gone through, thereby receiving ‘holy fire’, which he claims is powerful. They falsely present holy fire as a weapon that is more effective against demons than using the Name of Jesus or the Word of God (Philippians 2:9, 10). Pastor Kim received holy fire through demanding. He says in his Fire books that he '…pleaded for and demanded the spiritual gifts. I cried out, screaming with all my might...' (Book 2, Day 21). Additionally, about himself the Fire books say 'The pastor is gifted with the Holy Blazing Fire and with his commands, the Holy Fire comes out from his body to burn the evil spirits and they become dust and disappear (Book 2, Day 23). This is false. It is like us executing judgments against the demons before the appointed time. The Bible say the demons knew it was not their judgment that is why they asked the Lord if He came to punish them before the time (Matthew 8:29; Philippians 2:9, 10)). The Lord Himself even permitted demons to enter into the herd of pigs; does that not tell us their time of judgment is in the future (Mark 5:12-13). The devil and demons flee when we command them in Jesus’ Name but we cannot inflict any punishment on them. The Jesus of the Fire books said ‘Since Pastor Kim, Yong Doo is writing the books, I’ll place him in the fire tunnel first and have him baptize with blazing fire’ (Book 2, Day 25). At the revivals many people line up to receive these ‘gifts’ or powers multiple times through the men and women assigned to impart the fire, as much as one decides or wills. However, the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ is declared in power by the Holy Spirit and He imparts gifts as He wills (1 Corinthians 12:11). We receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on us so we can be witnesses (Acts 1:8).The 'holy fire’ impartation is an unbiblical practice. True is what the Bible says; the Lord Jesus Christ Himself will baptize us (not man) with the Holy Spirit and fire (Luke 3:16; John 1:33). The fire is the outward manifestation of the Holy Spirit. No man has authority to demand from or command the Lord or His Spirit; the Bible says “as the Spirit wills (determines)” (1 Corinthians 12:11).
So what kind of fire do people receive and what is the heat that they feel on various parts of the body after receiving the fire impartation? Pastor Kim presents this as the fire of the Holy Spirit (Book 3, February 25th, 2005). However, we asked the Lord and He graciously responded saying “The feeling My daughter (Sister B) got when Pastor Kim prayed for her was an evil spirit”. Therefore, does the holy fire burn away demons? Can Satan cast out Satan (Matthew 12:26)? Sadly, many of you who went to receive the fire impartation actually got more bound instead of getting deliverance! The things we explain later, the heat in the back and feet after the fire impartation, the Lord revealed that those sensations are demonic and not from the Holy Spirit. This came about after we chased after the ‘gifts’ instead of living pleasing to God while bearing fruit for witnessing and holy living.
5a. False Father God and False Holy Spirit: The Father God and Holy Spirit of the Fire books are false. They support ‘holy fire’ impartation and all the other false teachings of these books. Nowhere in the Bible has a special ministry been given to impart holy fire. We know of the fivefold ministry (Ephesians 4:11), the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:1-11) and the other smaller but equally important gifts (Romans 12:6-8). There is no such ministry in the Bible to go about imparting holy fire when the Bible says we will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon us (Acts 1:8). Why do we still need holy fire if that power has been imparted in the first place and that power is to preach the gospel, not to exert ‘power’ over demons. Angels fight demons, while we overcome them through our faith and obedience to the Lord (Daniel 10:20-21; Revelation 20:1-3).
5b. False Heaven – Pastor Kim mentioned that only certain people get to see the Lord in heaven. This is contrary to the Bible where it says “They go from strength to strength; Each one appears before God in Zion” (Psalms 84:7) and “Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is” (1 John 3:2).
6. Unbiblical ‘Holy Dance’ Impartation: A member of Pastor Kim’s church (“The Lord’s Church”), described Holy Dance like this, “My hand motion, foot steps, and etc are not of my will but of the Holy Spirit” (Book 4, June 19th 2005, Sunday, Sister Shin, Sung Soon ). But where is the Holy Spirit’s fruit of self-control here (Galatians 5:22-23)? Another time when they were trying to describe how to use the holy fire, Mrs Kang (Pastor Kim’s wife and the main imparter of Holy Dance) had been dancing and one of her hands was filled with strength and began to move in circular motion against her will and uncontrollably. Those with their eyes open saw that it was a demon in her hand that caused those motions (Book 2, Day 23). Holy dance is not a Biblical ‘gift’. We understand from Scriptures that the gifts are as the Holy Spirit wills, but here we find the gifts are being distributed as man wills. Brethren, we are allowed to pray for people to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit if they have faith, with the evidence of speaking in tongues (Acts 19:6); however we do not impart gifts. It is the Lord Himself who imparts through the Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:11; John 16:14).
We must be able to define holy dancing in the light of Scripture; how does it apply to the edification of the body and for Christ’s glory? How do we know from a dance if it is from the Holy Spirit? How do we judge if it is from God or not? Let me share a personal testimony about my experience with Holy Dance, I(Sister B) always enjoyed dancing in the Spirit and wanted to grow in this area. The first time I received the impartation, I felt some power and I could not help it but I did the moon walk for 5-6 feet! Yes, the same moon walk as Michael Jackson. I just dismissed that worldly move and thought I received it wrong. Then the lady who imparted told me to come back and do it again. After that, I didn’t get other movements and just danced myself. I began doing some moves as Mrs Kang on my own without any power helping me and many times I knew I just felt like I was performing. I have repented of this and later on I noticed that some of her moves bore an uncanny semblance to Taichi. In my observation, many of the participants just copy the dances Pastor Kim’s holy dance team does. Otherwise, we’ve noticed others do moves that are just wild or plainly weird. They also have warfare dance which is really like karate and other martial arts of Eastern origin and the men who do it sometimes pretend to fight each other as they dance. Is that really worshipping the Lord? I am now back to the basics of dancing and worshipping the Lord in spirit and in truth (John 4:24).
7. Emphasis on Spiritual Warfare and Weapons: Joseph Kim (Pastor Kim's son) said that God the Father gave him so many weapons even beyond full armor of God described in Ephesians 6:11 Just to name a few he, “received 'swords and spears of every size, axes, double-edged swords, iron hammers, a commanding general’s patch, awarding plaque, a three-pronged spear, scissors, air rifles, electrical shocking instruments, bow and arrow, a handheld fan, books, eagles, binoculars, missiles, cannons, a flame thrower, airplane, warships, stars, chairs, rainbows, spoons, chopsticks, marbles, and countless many others -- ceaselessly descended down” (Book 3, February 18, 2005, The Descending Full Armor ofGod). As you can see, many of these weapons sound worldly and contrary to what the Bible says. “The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds (2 Corinthians 10:4)”.
Overall, all this business of continuously fighting demons is unnecessary. We have been given authority to overcome all the power of the enemy (Luke 10:19). If we are walking faithfully and obediently towards the Lord, demons should submit in Jesus’ Name as they did to the disciples (Luke 10:17). If the Lord says so, then why are children of God fighting or having physical warfare with demons? Aren't we disobediently being like the seven sons of Sceva if we're fighting demons and also getting beat up by demons (Acts 19:11-20). Please read proper teaching here on Christian Warfare. Also, please read Deliverance Through Jesus Christ - Part 1, Deliverance Through Jesus Christ - Part II, and Conquering the Devil for some learning on casting out demons and receiving deliverance.
Below are a few unbiblical ‘gifts’ or weapons of warfare that I (Sister B) tried out which are emphasized in the Fire books. Because I believed in these teachings the demons played it out so that these teachings might be perceived as true. Also, familiar spirits know what we do and they always reinforce those things we do and are interested in confirming that what we are doing is correct so we can remain deceived. As a born again Christian, I now allow my conscience to be guided by the Holy Scriptures and these should be our basis for judging dreams and visions.
- Shouting ‘holy fire!’ – After impartation, I did experience blazing holy fire I state later and had many vivid spiritual warfare dreams where I was fighting demons and shouting 'holy fire'. Some demons would disappear, others would act scared and dodge, one time a demon touched me and began to melt like hot melting glass, another time a demon cut me in my hand and wounded me, but overall the demons would keep coming and it was like a high class video game in the spirit realm. When I lost, I thought I needed to pray more. When I won, I thought I was praying enough and God was happy with me. Even during prayer, while praying I would see visions of demons and was prompted to shout ‘holy fire!’ or some other weapon per the Fire books. At the time, I thought it was fun and I felt like the Lord’s warrior but this did NOT help me get a heart change, any prayers answered, or any deliverance. I was still bound by the demons of false teaching.
- Shouting 'Holy Poisonous Thorns!' – Joseph Kim said the following ‘Whenever we arm ourselves with the Holy sword, the Holy fire, the Holy poisonous thorns to battle against the evil spirits, they attempt to avoid us at all cost. The evil spirits are aware and frightened of the powerful poisonous thorns. As the evil spirits come near the members who pray, we would shout, “Holy poisonous thorns!” The poisonous thorns would automatically protrude from our bodies to pierce the evil spirits. The evil spirits would then immediately become dust. (Book 4, June 22, 2005). This is a demonic weapon and does not bring deliverance. I had been praying about this ‘gift’ and one time in spiritual warfare dream, I asked for the ‘Holy Poisonous thorns’ and received them around my body. I was getting kicked by 5 demons dressed like teens. This ‘gift’ is not in the Bible.
- Shouting ‘Holy Sword!’ – In warfare dreams, I shouted the words ‘Holy Sword’ but I rarely received a sword. I was praying to the Lord asking why I am not receiving a sword to fight with even though I was not skipping Bible reading and was doing average 5-10 chapters of the Bible per day. One time in a dream the Lord showed me using a sword as taught by Pastor Kim doesn’t work but what worked in that dream was when I opened my mouth and worshipped the Lord in song. Hundreds of angels came and defeated 1 demon that I could not defeat with my useless sword. I did not have to fight. Shouting ‘Holy Sword’ does not bring deliverance, instead we should speak the Word of God, praise, and worship God by faith (Hebrews 4:12, Psalm 8:2; Isaiah 49:2).We are supposed to put on the armor of God, not shout it out (Ephesians 6:13).
- Shouting ‘Jesus Blood!’ or ‘Blood of Jesus!’ – Pastor Kim’s Jesus also introduced shouting ‘Jesus Blood’ as a weapon for protection from demons. Look what he taught, ‘Jesus applied His blood from the top of my head down to my toes. I asked Jesus out of curiosity, “Jesus, what are you doing now?” Jesus explained, “Since evil spirits can continue to enter your body, I am covering your body with my blood so that they cannot enter. When the evil spirits appear, shout out my name in a loud manner. Shout out ‘Jesus’ blood! Holy Fire! The evil spirits will not dare to approach you!” After Jesus applied my body with His blood completely, He disappeared. The moment Jesus disappeared, I felt something wriggling and crawling on the floor. I gazed at the object and said, “What could that be?”’(Book 4, May 1, 2005, Oh, Seung Young). First of all, if evil spirits do not dare approach when Jesus’ blood is applied, why did this person feel something wriggling and crawling? There is nowhere in Bible where we are taught to use the blood of Jesus for spiritual warfare in this manner. The truth is that Jesus' blood purifies us and frees us from all sin (1 John 1:7; Revelation 1:5). We were redeemed by the blood of Jesus (1 Peter 1:18-19; Ephesians 1:7). The blood of Jesus brought us near to God (Ephesians 2:13). By the blood of Jesus we can enter the Most Holy Place (Hebrews 10:19). We overcome the devil by the blood of the lamb (Revelation 12:11). Jesus has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins (Colossians 1:13-14).
I also shouted out this weapon during prayer and in my spiritual warfare dreams but I never got the covering or barrier promised per the Fire books. I prayed for the Lord to show me how this weapon works but whenever I shouted for it, nothing happened. In fact, one time in a spiritual warfare dream as I was shouting ‘holy fire!’ and ‘Jesus Blood!’ for protection, a demon walked up to me confidently with a small sharp knife and cut my right hand from palm to a fingertip. In the dream, I felt the pain and open wound. This teaching of shouting “Jesus’ Blood” as a weapon is unbiblical. The Bible says that Jesus has given us authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm us (Luke 10:19). The Lord Himself is a shield around us (Psalm 3:3). He is our fortress, refuge and stronghold (Psalm 18:2).
- Shouting ‘Holy Electricity’: There is no Scriptural reference to this gift. When I received holy fire impartation, I also experience feeling waves of electricity all over my body for about 3 days. I felt like I had power and it wasn’t painful but it brought no deliverance. I didn’t shout this weapon out much and never experienced fighting with it, but it is also unbiblical.
8. Battles with the Demonic: In the Fire books, ‘Jesus’ is often watching, taking a long time to come help get rid of demons, or just standing by without helping as the members of The Lord's Church hunt down, battle, and cast out demons or wound the evil one by themselves (Example: Book 2, Day 17, The congregation’s powerful prayers). Demons have no power over us if we walk in obedience and live by The Lord’s truth (Matthew 4:1-11). What is the purpose of ‘fighting’ demons? Does it improve our relationship with God? Or do we sin less? There is no need fighting demons if we do not experience deliverance. While we do acknowledge that deliverance is progressive, fighting demons without the Word of God, faith and truth and with invented ‘weapons’ is dangerously deceptive. This is false teaching because even the archangel Michael, when disputing with the devil over Moses’ body only said ‘The Lord rebuke you’ (Jude 1:9). As we stated before, all this fighting demons is unnecessary. We have been given authority to overcome all the power of the enemy (Luke 10:19). Furthermore, the TRUE and Living Jesus of the Bible would not and does not stand by idly. He is a mighty warrior (Exodus 15:3; Jeremiah 20:11) who mightily fights for us and helps us win our battles when we look to Him and trust Him (Joshua 10:10-14; Isaiah 37:21-38). The Bible says that the battle is The Lord's (1 Samuel 17:47) and He goes before us to destroy our enemies (Deuteronomy 9:3) so it is not just by our own strength that we win (Joshua 24:11-12).
9. Emphasis on Open Spiritual Eyes: They teach that we can pray until our physical eyes are unlocked or opened in order to see in the Spirit realm. Open spiritual eyes are not just to see visions, demons, angels, and Jesus. This is not a gift that we should demand or force our way into receiving. As mentioned above, the Holy Spirit gives gifts as He wills (Hebrews 2:4). The most important kind of open spiritual eyes is the kind that enables us to see our sin, repent, be saved, and obey the truth (Ephesians 1:18; Mark 4:12). In addition, it is not a must to see Jesus in order to believe in Him. You are blessed if you have faith in Him even if you have not seen Him (John 20:29). We walk by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). The Lord opened the eyes of Ezekiel (Ezekiel 1:1-28), Zechariah (Zechariah 5:1-11; 6:1-15) and Isaiah (Isaiah 6:1-13) to mention a few. These were mighty visions, and these were revealed as God willed, not as a permanent gift. Sadly, those advocating this belief in spiritual eyes being opened are deceiving people and it goes contrary to the above Scripture. Our Lord Jesus Christ does promises that He will show or manifest Himself to those who love Him and obey His commands (John 14:21). Furthermore, we are not commanded to strive to have our eyes unlocked, but we are commanded to strive to enter the narrow road (Luke 13:24). Jesus taught us not to rejoice in the ability cast out demons, but to rejoice that our names are written in the lambs book of life (Luke 10:20).
10a. Unbiblical Earning of Rewards in Heaven: One time Mrs Kang said she asked The Lord to move her house and other members of their church’s houses to the best neighborhood in heaven. The ‘Jesus’ of these Fire books told her to please him and confess her love. She used “lovely body gestures” and speaking to him in a “soft, charming voice” so he moved their houses to that neighborhood (Book 3, March 15, 2005 (Tuesday), Mrs. Kang, Hyun-Ja - Annoying The Lord). This is unbiblical for The Lord Jesus Christ to grant you such a request. When James and John's mother asked for Jesus to grant her sons that they may sit on His right and His left, He said it was not for Him to grant and added that these places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by our Heavenly Father (Matthew 20:20-23). Unfortunately such a teaching as expressed in the Fire books promotes selfishness and encourages us to sweet talk the Lord or perform (works) for the Lord in order to receive rewards. Our duty is to serve Him and He is worthy. When we have obeyed and done good works, we should not demand rewards or expect our houses to be moved closer to God's throne or some better neighborhood. We have only done our duty and are unworthy servants (Luke 17:10). Obedience is the key to Heavenly rewards not some soft, charming voice.
10b. Prosperity Teaching: Regarding when the Lord appeared to Solomon after he gave 1000 burnt offerings (1 Kings 3:4-5). At the May 2013 revival in Colorado Blazing Holy Fire Church, Pastor Kim twisted this Scripture into a message about why we need to give $1000 offering so that the Lord will appear to us as He appeared to Solomon. He said that at his church, the young people were working to give $1000 little by little over the year.
11. Unbiblical Competition: The holy fire teaching encourages doing things for the Lord such as witnessing, Bible reading, praying, and worship with the motive of getting a reward – such a big houses, flashy witnessing boots, and other things in heaven (Book 4, June 19, 2005). Pastor Kim said ‘My wife and I always tried to compete for the Lord’s attention. Our competition for His attention caused jealousy and envy between us’ (Book 4, May 8, 2005). Competing for rewards with other brethren has been producing feelings of jealousy and envy in us as well especially when we believe someone is serving the Lord more or better than us. The truth is that we are rewarded for our faithfulness and obedience to God (1 Samuel 26:23; Psalm 19:7-11; Proverbs 14:14). The spirits of jealousy and envy are forbidden in Scripture (James 3:14-16; Philippians 2:3).God is generous to all of us and we should not have the attitude that we deserve more rewards than others or believe we can compete to earn more rewards (Matthew 20:1-16). When we have done things such as witnessing, Bible reading, praying, and worship, we should be humble remembering that we are unworthy servants who have only done our duty in serving the Lord (Luke 17:10; Ecclesiastes 12:13). Many times right before the intense prayer session at Pastor Kim’s revival, he would encourage us to outpray each other like this: “say to your neighbor ‘my prayers are more powerful than yours!’” With lights out and the place almost in total darkness, what often ensues is a prayer competition like no other – really, really loud – with a few people claiming supernatural experiences, and no one authenticating these experiences by the Word of God. Prayer competition does not promote humility and is clearly unbiblical – remember The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector (Luke 18:9-14). Unfortunately, competition in the area of Godly things is forbidden and the heart of the competitor is set on winning. In this race we must encourage one another not try to outsmart each other (Galatians 6:4; 1 Thessalonians 5:11).
12. Endless Visits to Hell: Pastor Kim, Sister Christine, and their members say they visit hell daily to observe and experience the torments there. Pastor Kim's Jesus presents going to hell as a “special privilege” and “opportunity” so they can fight the evil spirits, get lots of power and warn souls (Book 4, June 10, 2005 and Book 5). However, in the story of the rich man and Lazarus, the rich man asked for a dead person who had seen hell, Lazarus, to go warn his family not to go to this place of torment (Luke 16:27); but Abraham replied saying "They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them" (Luke 16:29). When the rich man insisted on having a dead person go in order for his family to believe and repent, Abraham answered and said "If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead” (Luke 16:31). Although there are some true testimonies of hell, this story taught by Jesus Christ tells us that visiting hell daily as taught by Pastor Kim and Sister Christine is unbiblical, unnecessary, and a waste of time. No amount of experiencing and touring hell will help you convince those who stubbornly refuse to believe in and follow Jesus. If you want to win souls, scatter seed and simply share in obedience and love. Those appointed for salvation will believe (Acts 13:48). Our faith is not based on someone's testimony of hell; our faith is in Jesus Christ. The daily hell visitation to fight demons and experience the torments of hell itself is false, unbiblical and those claiming such [mis]adventures are seeking attention.
If you keep praying to experience hell, what you are diligently asking for is to be sent to hell. The Israelites kept asking to die in the desert until their request was granted; Hell is not an amusement park for people to be entertained while enjoying seeing souls in torment! We should be praying for the Lord to help us enter the narrow road that leads to life that we may be in heaven forever (Luke 13:24; Matthew 7:13).
13. Magnifying Demons: The baptizing fire ministry magnifies that there are so many demons and talks less of God’s angels; but according to the Bible there should be more angels (at least twice as many, and more powerful) (Revelation 12:4). After having fought demons, what are the outcomes, or how has your life been changed in Christ? Why do we have to fight demons when Christ overcame them (Colossians 2:15). Also, demonic spirits are Satan’s agents to cause us to sin and rebel against God. We must excel in obedience and show we love God more than ourselves. We sacrifice our passions to obey Christ.
14. Rules on how to pray for breakthrough: This ministry teaches that lights be turned off so one can see in the spirit realm better, kneel, close your eyes, and raise hands high for long hours, shouting ‘Holy Fire!’ and other unbiblical ‘gifts’, and drill in tongues loudly. This formulated prayer is unbiblical. Kneeling, praying in tongues, raising hands to heaven, and closing your eyes are fine, but it is not the only way your prayer reaches heaven, and praying this way for long hours is not a Biblical command. We are free from men’s rules (Romans 4:14-15; Colossians 2:18-23; Matthew 15:9). We just need to pray by faith as led by the Holy Spirit (Matthew 17:20; Matthew 21:22; James 5:15). Praying a certain way out of fear is sin (James 5:15; Romans 14:23). Furthermore, while this prayer pattern is tiring and burdensome, God’s laws are not burdensome (1 John 5:3; Matthew 11:28-30). Here is a good teaching on prayer called Prayer: The Key to All Problems.
15. Unbiblical Rules about Testing the spirits: Pastor Kim teaches that we should test the spirits by praying in tongues (Book 1, Lee, Yoo-Kyung, Day 9) and approve based on the spirits’ reaction and or by shouting 'holy fire!' or by quoting Scripture. One of the members said, 'I was told if I am not able to discern, I should either pray in tongues or test the angel by stating Scripture. ' (Book 1, Joo-Eun Kim, Day 10).
However, this is unbiblical way of testing spirits. The best way to test spirits is according to the following Scriptures. We are taught in the Bible not to believe every spirit but to test them to see if they are from God (1 John 4:1-6). “This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world (1 John 4:2-3)”. A person who does not acknowledge that Jesus has come in the flesh is a deceiver and an antichrist (2 John 1:7). We also need to ensure to test the voice, words, and message according to Scripture (John 10:3-5; John 10:27).
16. Making light of God's Punishments: In the Fire books, Pastor Kim's children said 'Jesus' used a whip from heaven to discipline Pastor Kim after he and his wife had an argument. Pastor Kim and his Jesus were making light of it like a joke. His ‘Jesus’ got “a long pole which appeared to be reaching the sky' and used it to “pound” his neck and back and Pastor Kim's response was “Lord! I deserve to be punished: please continuously hit me. Hit me harder!” He ('Jesus') also got a golden whip and stroked him 10 times with it. It didn't cause him any real pain and Pastor Kim's response was, “Lord! I am very sorry! Please forgive me! I will try to correct my ways but it is difficult. Lord, I deserve to be extremely punished. Please discipline me harder.”(Book 3, April 15, 2005). When I read this in 2011, it was just funny and I thought God was so fun and funny in the way He disciplines. This desensitized some of us regarding The Lord's judgments and His ability to really punish. However, there is nowhere in the Bible where Jesus Christ disciplines or punishes people like this. The punishment of The Lord for disobedience are not something to ignore as it could mean losing a job, getting a disease, being out of God's favor, or finally being cast into hell (Leviticus 26:14-38; Matthew 25:41-46). The Lord Almighty talks about a much more severe way of lashing people with a whip as when He struck down Midian at the rock of Oreb (Isaiah 10:26). When the Lord struck down Midian, He used Gideon and 300 Israelites to win this battle and at least 120,000 people died (Judges 8:10). So when you hear a word from the Lord that you will not go unpunished, it is best to repent as it will not be just a cute painless stroke. The Lord prefers we repent and avoid His serious punishments (Ezekiel 33:10-11; Deuteronomy 30:19).
17. False Teaching about Laying Hands: Since the first time I received fire impartation in 2011, I became nervous about laying hands on the sick, hugging, or even touching people. This is because of some of the stories Pastor Kim gave about what happened to people when they laid hands on others. For example, in the Bellingham, WA revival, Pastor Kim shared a story saying his wife prayed for someone with a disease and the demon and that disease transferred to her. They then had to pray the demon and disease off of her and learned to be very careful with laying hands. This makes you not want lay hands at all. It introduces ungodly fear and a cold unloving attitude towards others. As children of God have not been given the Spirit of fear but power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV; Romans 8:15). There is no Biblical evidence of diseases or demons transferring after someone laid hands and prayed for someone. In fact, our Lord Jesus Christ Himself willingly and freely laid hands on people with leprosy who were considered unclean (Matthew 8:1-4) and even the woman with the issue of blood touched Him even though she was considered unclean (Mark 5:25-34) and The Lord was gracious to these brethren. They were healed and no disease or demons transferred to Jesus. Likewise, the Apostles also laid hands on people many times and there is no Scripture saying diseases or demons left the sick and came on the Apostles (Acts 3:6-8; 6:6). The one evidence of demons jumping on people is with the disobedient sons of Sceva, and even with them, the Bible does not indicate that the demons transferred to them; in this case the sons of Sceva received a thorough beating, and fear fell on all the people, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified (Acts 19:11-20). We should not teach against the Biblical practice of laying on of hands; this is one of the 6 foundational doctrines of Christ (Hebrews 6:1-2). Any teaching against Bible truth is promoting rebelliousness against the word of God such teachings must be rejected.
I (Sister B) asked this question about laying hands in the 2013 Colorado revival. The question and answer is summarized for you below as we do not recommend watching Pastor Kim’s teachings. They often leave people confused because of the mix of truth and error. Analyze an example of how Pastor Kim mixes truth and error – here is the reference Video Questions and Answers Session - Holy Fire Revival 2013 with Pastor Kim Starting at 9:12 minutes to 16:25 minutes.
My Question: If a person feels holy fire in their hands, is it ok to lay hands on the sick and pray for them during that time and is it ok to shout 'holy fire!' during that time?
Pastor Kim’s Answer: Lay hand only through faith… with faith (This part is true per James 5:15; Romans 14:23). Even though the person is laying hands with faith, the person laying hands has to be clean, spiritually. The person who is ministering will know whether you have committed sins, or you don't feel well or you feel angry (This part is true per 1 Peter 1:16 and 2 Timothy 2:20:21. The Bible also simply says in my name these signs will follow those who believe. They will lay hands on the sick and the sick will recover (Mark 16:18)). Then he goes on to share a story about how one of his followers came asking him for help with holy fire to save his brain-dead brother. Pastor Kim prayed for the Lord to give him 'special fire'. He received a 'fire of tornado' and imparted it to the man and asked the man to impart it to his brain-dead brother. The man went and imparted fire for 3 days to his family member until he was revived and after 8 days was discharged from the hospital. After that his family members joined his church (This part is false teaching. It is perpetuating the unbiblical holy fire teaching and ministry). This is false; gifts come from the Holy Spirit and in this incident it seems pastor Kim ‘transferred’ his ‘fire of tornado’ ‘gift’. Do we have authority to impart gifts into others? No! gifts are from the Holy Spirit and He gives as He wills (1 Corinthians 12:11).
Pastor Christine’s False Teachings:18. Impartation of gifts from dead saints. Pastor Christine received wisdom from Solomon and fire impartation from Elijah, Esther and other dead saints (Jesus Encounters 1). This teaching on communication with the dead is unbiblical and demonic, and is forbidden in Scripture. Nowhere in the Bible was it permitted for us to receive gifts or oracles from God from the dead. This is demonic (Deuteronomy 18:11; Ecclesiastes 9:5-6; Isaiah 38:18-19).
19. Wedding VOWS with Jesus: Pastor Christine and members of her church supposedly had a wedding with the Lord Jesus and vowed many things. Pastor Christine has asked people to speak their vows out loud and email them in so they can receive a vow back from the Lord. However, the Bible warns not to be quick to vow and there is nowhere in Scripture where we are encouraged to make vows. In fact, the Lord Jesus Christ has forbidden it (Matthew 5:33-37). She also added that 'Jesus' said for men to look at vows to Him as a “contract” or “business deal.” However, a contract or business deal can be broken and a vow is not meant to be broken (Joshua 9:19-21). If you make a vow, you must be sure to carry it out (Deuteronomy 23:23). Even when Jephthah made his regretful vow which resulted in his only child being unable to marry, he was held to it and could not break it (Judges 11:31 - 40).
Don’t send vows as you might vow to Satan! Because the true identity of the person you are making the vows to is questionable (the Lord Jesus of the Bible did not request people to vow to him), the vows that people are making are like an invitation to sin; if you do not fulfill your vows to God as we are commanded (Deuteronomy 23:23; Psalms 50:14), you will sin against God (Deuteronomy 23:21-22). Speak to the Lord yourself for He says “Come unto Me” (Matthew 11:28) and we are encouraged to approach the throne of grace ourselves with confidence (Hebrews 4:16).
Furthermore, does God need a human mediator to set up a vow if we read 1 Timothy 2:5. Why is Pastor Christine mediating? This teaching is cultic, dangerous and has completely no Biblical basis. When we truly repent of our sins and accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, that is when we are united with The Lord and are born again (John 3:3; John 3:16). We become the bride of Christ if we obey and walk faithfully and are saved (Romans 10:9-10). This is the good news!
20. Pastor Christine’s Jesus is commanding for people to make room/a seat available at the table for him or else he won't stay – This is unBiblical and promotes imagining God and idolatry (Exodus 20:4). Those who worship idols will be turned back in great shame (Isaiah 42:17).And the Lord does not demand that we create physical space or have a seat for Him or He won’t come but says where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am in the midst of them (Matthew 18:20). Jesus said, “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him” (John 14:21 NKJV).
21. False Christ: Pastor Christine and her ‘Jesus’ believe and practice all of Pastor Kim’s false teachings. The Lord is Spirit and Pastor Christine’s ‘Jesus’ seems to be a physical one (2 Corinthians 3:17). This ‘Jesus’ encouraged and complimented Pastor Christine to wear fake braids in her hair. Why doesn't this ‘Jesus’ compliment Pastor Christine for her natural look since that is what God created in His image (Genesis 1:26)? Does not 1 Peter 3:3 and 1 Timothy 2:9-10 warn us about braided hair and we noted with care how Pastor Christine twisted these scriptures to justify her wearing fake hair. This is encouraging rebellion against the word of God. Is she not copying Kat Kerr who said the Lord told her she must dye her hair? The Bible says we are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14) and God does not need human help to make us beautiful. (Note: natural braiding or plating your own hair is fine.) When we wear make-up or fake braided hair, are we not making ourselves attractive to people? The Lord has two teachings against this because this is showing off and attracting attention to us (see Life through Experiences with The Lord Jesus Christ Part II and Women in Pants and External Adornments). Yes, God looks inwardly, but He does care when we are elaborate on the outside to draw attention to ourselves.
They also say they go on spiritual trips to Hell in physical clothes. Here Pastor Christine wrote recently about requirement to wear pants for their trips to Hell, because “All that these wicked demons do to those whom the Lord takes to hell is to torment them without mercy. They are being kicked, chopped, hit worse than a soccer ball – they are falling, they are tumbling, they are being thrown moved from one side to another; they are being whipped without mercy, they are being put on a cross upside down, they have to do movements that require them to wear pants (Women Wearing Pants, Lipsticks, Jewelry etc, Page 3)”. The implication here is that pants are a comfortable accessory in Hell, but the Bible simply says that “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart” (Job 1:21). We need to know how to avoid Hell, not how to dress for Hell. This teaching on justifying wearing pants in hell is unbiblical and 100% false. Why would God sent people to Hell daily to be tormented? Should they experience Hell every day? We know brother Bill Wiese was tormented for a few minutes understandably to relate his experience with the actual pain he felt so that his experience is not just words. The same may be attributed to sister Mary Katy Baxter. However, Pastor Christine’s team experiences Hell every day, probably even now as we speak. Not only are they copying the well-meant and true experiences of others, they seem to be tormented before the time. This testimony of daily torment in Hell is false.
SECTION II: THE SABBATH QUESTION22. Both Pastor Kim and Sister Christine teach that Sunday is the Sabbath and that no one should spend money on this day (Book 3, March 13, 2005 (Sunday)). Without delving too deep into this divisive subject, there is no evidence in the Scripture that we should religiously observe the Sabbath rest on Sundays. Please refer to a short explanation about the Sabbath in the False Witness article. Below is a deeper analysis of this controversial subject.
Sabbath Day Observance
Historically, this has been the most debated subject in the Church and it has been at the heart of divisions in the body of Christ. Brethren, as fellow believers in the Lord and witnesses of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, we deemed it necessary to share briefly on this important matter. In this brief work, our aim is not to take sides or to stand out as being better than others are; instead, we share from our convictions and the evidence of the Scriptures.
As it is, there have been countless articles on the question of the Sabbath, and each presentation I have noted has been rendered persuasively with a strong conviction. I must admit, however, some do so to be separate while others do so out of loyalty and clear ignorance of the Scriptures. Therefore, in understanding the question of the Sabbath, we need to approach this subject systematically and this is exactly what we will attempt in this brief article.
Sabbath Meaning and Its Relation to Israel
The word “Sabbath” comes from the Hebrew word meaning, “to cease”. In the creation account, God ceased from His work after six days, then He rested on the seventh (Genesis 2:1-3). So then, when God established Israel as His people and gave them His commandments, one of those, namely the 4th commandment, was that they should rest on the seventh day from all their work. The day was set apart especially for God and was a sign that the people were bound to God by covenant. We must recall that the Old covenant was put into effect after Moses read the Book of the law to the people and when they declared, “We will do everything the Lord has said; we will obey” . Moses sprinkled the people with blood saying, “This is the blood of the covenant that the Lord has made with you in accordance with all these words” (Exodus 24:7-8 NIV).
Furthermore, soon after this solemn dedication the people of Israel were required to obey all the law, of which the Sabbath was one of the commandments. Under the covenant or simply the agreement, anyone who did work on that day was to be put to death (Exodus 20:8-11; Numbers 15:32-36; Deuteronomy 5:15). Moreover, among the religious exercises of the Sabbath were the offering of sacrifices and the renewing of the presence bread in the tabernacle (Leviticus 24:5-9; Numbers 28:9-10). In brief, this was the law and what was required of those under the covenant.
The Sabbath Law Under The New Covenant
Under the new covenant which was ushered in through the blood of Christ, Jesus’ death and resurrection marked the end of the law as a binding force upon God’s people (Romans 7:6; 8:1-3; 10:4; Colossians 2:14). As a fact, Christians are free from the bondage of the Israelite law and must not become its slaves. This applies to all the requirements of the law, including the Sabbath or any other matter (Galatians 4:8-11; Colossians 2:16). In opposition to this, many born-again Christians follow the seventh day Adventist view that this only applies to the “ceremonial laws.” Nevertheless, does the following verse make a distinction: “Having cancelled and blotted out and wiped away the handwriting of the note (bond) with its legal decrees and demands which was in force and stood against us (hostile to us)? This [note with its regulations, decrees, and demands] He set aside and cleared completely out of our way by nailing it to [His] cross” (Colossians 2:14 Amplified Bible). Do we undermine the Power of the CROSS? Did it accomplish incomplete work? No! When Christ entered the Heavenly Most Holy Place with His own blood this brought eternal redemption for all those who believe and hope in Him (Hebrews 9:11-12). Like, I pointed out in the “False Witness” article, the Lord set the old covenant aside to make way for the new covenant because God found fault with us (the people) saying: “Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” (Hebrews 8:8-12 NKJV).
Needless to say, and all things considered, the Lord Jesus has mercifully and lovingly redeemed us into a better covenant: “But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises” (Hebrews 8:6).
Our Works Vs. New Covenant
Jesus Christ did not despise God’s Law, but He is the fulfilment of the Law (Matthew 5:17-18; Luke 16:16-17; John 19:30), and He expounded on the true meaning of keeping the law (Matthew 5:21-48), which is not anchored in a blind relationship with the law, but an intimate relationship with Him, the Law Giver, and obedience to His Word. He summarized the commandments as “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength” and “Love your neighbor as yourself, adding that “There is no commandment greater than these” (Mark 12:30-31). Having said this, this does not mean we should live our lives as if we are not bound by a law. Please bear in mind that the Commandments are necessary (Romans 3:31), and so long as we obey the Lord, they do not rest heavy upon us, as Paul said: “We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God…” (1 Timothy 1:8-11). Furthermore, because Christ fulfilled the Law and He is “the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes” (Romans 10:4), He gave us His Spirit to help us live according to His righteousness.Therefore, as Christians we have the Law of the Spirit (Romans 8:2-3) and living by the Spirit through His inner convictions, we will produce the fruits which will bring no harm to our neighbours (Galatians 5:22). There is no law against the law of the Spirit, because the holy spirit unites us with Christ Jesus and our union with Him results in good works seen as obedience (James 2:14-26). Faith is expressed through works of obedience. For we will be judged by our works (Revelation 20:12; Matthew 5:16).
The point is this: we cannot work our way to heaven, but because we have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, we will have good works – not to be saved, but because we are saved. If Jesus Christ is living and dwelling in our hearts, we cannot help but have good works in our lives, being obedient to the Lord, doing good for others, helping those less fortunate than ourselves, Letting our light shine before men, so they will glorify our Father which is in heaven – that is true Christianity (Matthew 5:16). If we are doing good for others so that we will bring glory to ourselves, then we have the wrong motive. Again, do not forget that Jesus is going to reward us according to our works. This does not do away with grace; we are still saved by grace. "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be" (Revelation 22:12).
Must Christians Have Sabbath?
In conclusion, we must stress that Sunday did not replace the Jewish Saturday Sabbath, as if it were a Christian Sabbath. We do acknowledge that earlier Christians set aside time each week for fellowship with God and with one another. This was usually the first day of the week, there were also some people in the early church just like some people today who wanted to recognise certain days as having some legal sacredness. Paul taught that each person be tolerant of the other’s view, and that Christians treat every day in a way that acknowledges and honours the Lord (Romans 14:5-6).
Some two years ago or more, I received an email from a sister in the Lord who said that I must be careful to obey the Lord’s Day “Sabbath” being Sunday. I was referred to Pastor Kim’s testimony. When I read it, I was very disturbed because I had a job that required me to work on Sunday’s and I had to use money to pay for the taxi; I cried out to the Lord asking “am I now condemned to Hell for working on a Sunday” after You Lord blessed me with this job? A few days later, we decided to ask the Lord if spending money on a Sunday was wrong. The Lord answered and said, “It is not a sin to use money on a Sunday”. I shared this with the sister who had challenged me to keep the “Sabbath” holy. After sharing with this sister, she questioned if it was really the Lord speaking to us even after she herself got some messages from the Lord with convincing Scriptural proof that it was Him. Brethren, the Lord Jesus Christ said He did not give Christians a Sabbath, because He is Lord of the Sabbath (Matthew 12:8). We have already shared with you on the false witness article that both Pastor Kim and Pastor Coleman’s testimonies are false. Furthermore, the Lord said He never showed them Hell and that includes some of their followers who claimed to have visited Hell. The Lord says they copy other people’s testimonies and that they are imitators. They are not the only false witnesses there are many others. They steal words from each other and from true prophets of God (Jeremiah 23:30). I therefore encourage you be discerning and do not be trapped by the devil to listen to these brethren’s testimonies of Heaven and Hell that is the bait Satan uses to lure you into their false teachings. We trust and pray in Jesus name that this information will help you.
SECTION III: BAD FRUITIn Matthew 7:15-20, Jesus warned us: “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.”
Pastor Kim’s Bad Fruits:Brothers and Sisters, most of us were blind to this and did not check for the fruit of the Holy Spirit properly (Galatians 5:22-23). After reading Pastor Kim’s Fire books (Books 1 to 5), we wanted to meet him and hang out with him and his family because they see Jesus in the spirit realm with their physical eyes and He goes even on vacation with them. This ‘Jesus’ going on vacation seems to be a fun loving God, while Paul said, “Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season…” (2 Timothy 4:2-5). We must never take a break from the work of the gospel.
Pastor Kim is charismatic, says he gives the majority of ministry funds to the poor, and is the funniest pastor we had ever met; so he said some vulgar things and we laughed them off. The Bible warns us to watch out for false prophets who are actually wolves in sheep’s clothing and that we will know them by their fruit (Matthew 7:15-19). So here are some of Pastor Kim’s fruits.
- Cussing (using bad language) and demeaning people from the pulpit: The Bible warns that we must rid ourselves of “all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language” from our lips (Colossians 3:8) and “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen” (Ephesians 4:29). Unfortunately, Pastor Kim uses cuss words from the pulpit and on firsthand account, we have heard him use the S word countless times, even when narrating what someone else said. This is unwholesome talk, unedifying, evil behavior and perverse speech which the Lord hates (Proverbs 8:13; Ephesians 4:29; Colossians 3:8-10; Matthew 15:11. Pastor Kim also uses insulting language or demeaning jokes, such as once when he told an overweight man that demons love to eat fatty flesh, etc.), and also joking about people's looks (example: so and so is ugly, etc.). The Lord does not encourage us to make fun of others; this is wicked! We are commanded to speak edifying words that build up instead of corrupt talk (Ephesians 5:4; Colossians 4:6; Luke 6:45). If he sees the Holy Lord Jesus Christ and has been seeing Him for years, why talk like this and from the pulpit? Where is the fruit if love, obedience, and kindness (Galatians 5:22-23)? The Bible warns that “no foolish talk or coarse jokes… (Ephesians 5:4-14).Pastor Kim makes fun of people by funnily imitating their moves while they are dancing or worshipping the Lord
- Making Jokes in Hell: One time Pastor Kim said he was being tormented in hell and all he could do was make jokes during the torment and his Jesus did not rebuke him. Here is a quote, "Even though the Pastor was skinned alive and scalped, he was still laughing and making jokes at the devil. “Jesus! How do I look? Sister Baek, Bong-Nyu! Am I looking handsome?” I asked, “How about you? How do you feel, Pastor?” As a skeleton, the Pastor replied, “My whole body feels very refreshed! I am not in any pain. In fact, I am tickled.” The Pastor began laughing out loud. Here is how his Jesus responded, "Jesus laughed and said, “Pastor Kim, you are even able to entertain in hell.” (Book 3, April 16, 2005). Experiences of hell should not be joking matters and Pastor Kim and his ‘Jesus’ are making light of it. Laughing about hell shows no love or kindness (Galatians 5:22-23), and trivializes the sordid state of that place where The Lord Jesus suffered so much to deliver us from. This is no laughing place, but a place of horrors and torments (Luke 16:19-31). Surely, laughing about the tortures of Hell is no joke. This is not to promote the testimonies of the people mentioned above, but I remember listening to other testimonies; they experienced pain unimaginable and they just wanted to come out. How is it that pastor Kim is ‘tickled’?
- Asked his wife to do holy dance for him: In the May 2013 Revival in Colorado Blazing Holy Fire Church, Pastor Kim shared that he asked his wife to do 'holy dance' for him and said his wife refused and will only do holy dance for The Lord. If 'holy dance' is for The Lord, how is it humble for Pastor Kim to ask his wife to do it for him? This is pride. The fruit of humility is missing (Galatians 5:22-23). Furthermore, his wife was doing and posing Holy Dance moves for the camera during this same revival.
- No Altar Calls for Salvation - In the revivals we have attended, 12 nights in all, there were no altar calls for anyone to come repent and receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. We didn't even pray all night as promised. We watched and did ‘holy dance’, listened to Pastor Kim for hours, laughed, ate together, received ‘gift’ impartation then prayed and most people leave after about 1 hr of prayer. One night we didn't pray after impartations and just took pictures with him. This doesn’t show the fruit of love for souls that need salvation.
- Says prayers that result in people dying: Pastor Kim said he prays for presidents of N. Korea to die and at least 2 have died. At the 2013 Blazing Holy Fire Church revival, he said was praying for the then current president to die too. He also shared that he prayed very hard for a woman whose husband was cheating on her and soon after, her husband and girlfriend got into a car accident and the girlfriend died then the marriage was restored. Where is the fruit of love here? We are supposed to love our enemies, do good to them, and pray for them (Matthew 5:43-44; Luke 6:35; Matthew 22:39).
It is wicked to pray for people to die; we are to pray for all man as the Bible says (1 Timothy 2:1-4).
Pastor Christine’s Bad Fruits:
- Lack of Humility when Corrected: In the article Celebrate Christ in Praise and Worship posted on December 31, 2012, the Lord Jesus Christ gave Charis a vision showing that Pastor Christine and others were predicting falsely. When she was warned, she did not humbly repent. Instead, she sent out emails saying they have never predicted falsely. However, here are a couple of emails she sent out in October and November 2012 with predictions which turned out to be false. They have deleted the links to the videos since they didn’t come to pass.
False Prediction that Revelation 13 Comes Alive in 2013 – Emailed November 24, 2012:
False Prediction that Obama was going to win presidency – Emailed October 25, 2012:
After this came back false, she offered no apology but sent a follow up email titled ‘Election’ on November 7, 2012 saying
“Though I had shared these dreams with you, I knew all along that Obama will stay in office. I knew this 100%. I shared the dreams to warn God's children just in case he does not win, to be ready for whatever preparation that was needed because I knew if he did not win, there was going to be major chaos because he was not simply going to leave office. I have no doubt that he is the antichrist the Bible warned us about and this is a personal revelation I received in 2008”.
As for Pastor Christine saying the Lord told her Obama is the antichrist, this is doubtful. We also asked the Lord who the Antichrist was and He said that He was not going to tell us. This is promoting hatred against Mr Obama which goes against the fruit of love. We are encouraged to pray for him and all other leaders (1 Timothy 2:1-4).
- Demeaning the Lord Jesus: Pastor Christine asserts that Jesus told a woman to introduce Jesus as as her SON IN LAW! See the excerpt below of an email she sent on March 17, 2014.
So, if the church member decided to also make vows and marry Jesus, what would the daughter call Him? Step-dad? Father-in-law? This teaching is disturbing and contrary to the Bible, which contains many testimonies borne to the Son by the Father, by Jesus Himself, by the Spirit, by Angels, saints, men and even by demons, for example (and this is just a very short list):
- The Father: "My Beloved Son" (Matthew 17:5)
- Jesus Himself: "I am the Son of God" (John 10:36)
- The Spirit: "The Son of God" (Mark 1:1)
- Gabriel: "The Son of God" (Luke 1:35; 2:11)
- John Baptist: "This is the Son of God" (John 1:34)
- John: Apostle: "The Christ: the Son of God" (John 20:31)
- Paul: Apostle: "He is the Son of God" (Acts 9:20)
- Disciples: "Thou art the Son of God" (Matthew 14:33)
- Nathaniel: "Rabbi: thou art the Son of God" (John 1:49)
- Martha: "The Christ: the Son of God" (John 11:27)
- Eunuch: "Jesus Christ is the Son of God" (Acts 8:37)
- Centurion: "Truly this was the Son of God" (Mark 15:39)
- Unclean spirits: "Thou art the Son of God" (Mark 3:11)
- The Legion: "Thou Son of the Most High God" (Mark 5:7)
Brethren, these are some of the main things we have prayerfully learned so far and we pray that the Holy Spirit will convict us of all false teachings that we may repent, abide in the word of God (The Bible), be refined (Daniel 12:10) and be saved. As you allow our Lord Jesus Christ to correct you through repentance (Hebrews 12:6; Revelation 3:19); you will be blessed (Job 5:17). If you are not yet born again, please read the article on How to be Saved.
Praise the Lord, we will conclude on what the Lord recently (on February 16, 2014) told Charis (and we believe her to be a true and sincere witness who hears from the Lord Jesus Christ since the words that she receives do not contradict Scripture, but often rebuke sin and convict the heart; the Bible is our authoritative source for verifying truth, including the messages that she receives). In the Lord’s own words He said: “I have never showed Pastor Kim and Pastor Coleman Hell, they read other people’s testimonies about Hell then they imitate, and they are imitators and they love copying”. Whatever new things the Lord reveals we will add and consolidate it with Biblical evidence.
SECTION IV: TESTIMONY OF DELIVERANCE
The Grand Deception of “Baptize by Blazing Fire” Books and “Holy Fire” Ministry:
We praise the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior for His grace rescuing us out of this deception and for the opportunity to share our testimony. We will first begin with an overview of the books and how we got involved. Again, we do not endorse these books and do not recommend them to anyone. If you read any parts the books, PLEASE prayerfully verify and ask the Holy Spirit to give you discernment using the TRUTH of the Bible.
Prior to our involvement in the holy fire teachings, we had not been faithfully reading the whole Bible (book by book from Genesis to Revelation) for years and were reading it casually and skipping some days. We started reading Christian books and watching/reading people’s testimonies of supernatural experiences more than reading the Bible. At first, some books and testimonies helped us to grow as Christians, but then we started to enjoy reading all kinds visions, dreams, and prophetic teachings without questioning or closely examining them against Scripture (Acts 17:11). In 2011, we read all the five (5) Blazing Fire books by Pastor Kim Yong-Doo. He wrote about what his family and a few members experienced in the spirit realm in the first 30 days of all night prayers. These were exciting stories to read at the time and we were intrigued by all the testimonies of receiving spiritual gifts such as the baptism of blazing holy fire so we could cast out demons more effectively and powerfully, besides or other than using the name of Jesus (Baptize by Blazing Fire, Book 2, Day 26), see God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), saints, heaven, hell, angels, demons, eat food in heaven, see beautiful mansions, etc. The Fire books teach that we can be able to fight demons in hand-to-hand combat for example, and some members of his church went as far as fighting the devil and physically/visibly wounding him! There were also other fascinating things depicted in the Fire books, such as saints coming to his church to watch the service, Pastor Kim’s wife dancing in a church in heaven, and rewards obtained for doing things such as reading the Bible, worship, prayer, witnessing, and having faith. Everything sounded good to us, so after we read the those books, we couldn’t wait to attend a revival to receive the gifts and meet Pastor Kim and members of his church who were hanging out with Jesus and seeing Him in the spirit realm with their eyes open.
We attended a total of four (4) revivals beginning October, 2011 and the last one in May, 2013. During the revivals, we noticed that after Pastor Kim and his team did the impartations of holy fire and holy dance, some people said they didn’t feel anything, while others had supernatural experiences. The first time Pastor Kim prayed for me (Sister B) during impartation, I felt a strong and precise wind or force that pushed me back and I fell. I got up, relaxed as instructed, and allowed him to impart the fire again. One night, during my first revival in 2011, I had a dream and when I woke up from it, I felt blazing holy fire (blazing like a gas stove) for about 30 minutes around my belly area as big as a beach ball. I also experienced currents of electricity all over my body for about 3 days and seeing demons with my eyes open in 1 second flashes for about 2 weeks. After the revivals, while praying as Pastor Kim taught, or after watching Pastor Kim’s sermons online, I would feel heat on my back, hands, feet, and head. As we shared previously in this article, we shockingly learned later that these were demonic experiences and feelings. Please note this was NOT the Holy Spirit, but demons I received through the fire impartation. We experienced all these signs and wonders including very vivid spiritual warfare dreams where we fearlessly fought demons, and won or lost battles. Therefore, we sadly and unfortunately got deceived and believed everything else in those Fire books, and put our trust in everything Pastor Kim taught (Matthew 24:24-25).
We liken “holy fire” ministry to an advanced video game in the spirit realm. The devil has cleverly mixed true principles from the Bible with fantasy, error, and much yeast (Matthew 16:6). He makes you think you are living a holy life, are a powerful warrior, and earning high rewards in heaven for serving the Lord. You are the star of this game. The goal is to pray long hours until your spiritual or physical eyes are “unlocked” or “opened”. You keep battling demons using many unbiblical rules, ‘gifts’, and weapons so you can meet “Jesus” and experience heaven and hell so you can witness with more conviction and win souls for Jesus. Please note, nowhere in the Bible are we promised opened spiritual eyes except to see our sins (John 9:41). This teaching of praying for long hours is formulated which is unbiblical. We have been given the weapons of our warfare as in Ephesians 6:10-17 and if we fight with our eyes open, we don’t need faith for faith operates on trusting in God’s ability in the unseen world (2 Corinthians 5:7; Hebrews 11:1). Faith is the evidence of things not seen. We pray by faith (Mark 11:24) and the angels do warfare in the spiritual realm (Daniel 10:12-21). Our weapons are prayer and the whole armor of God as Paul explained in Ephesians 6:10-18. Unfortunately, the ‘Jesus’ you finally meet is a false Christ who does not teach according to the Bible. This is a false Christ. Can a false Christ even one that sounds very convincing and loving lead you to heaven (Matthew 24:4-5)? Many people go to the holy fire revivals hoping to pray all night in order to see Jesus. Pastor Kim also often says ‘He is standing right here’. Sister Christine is also telling people He is at her church every night fellowshipping with them and doing various things (See page 1 of Jesus Encounters 1 article). The Bible says of the signs of the end ‘At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it.’(Matthew 24:23). So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it (Matthew 24:26). That is not Jesus of the Bible, DO NOT believe it (Matthew 24:23; Mark 13:6; Luke 21:8). When Jesus comes, every eye will see Him; not just a few people (Revelation 1:7, Matthew 24:27).
Brethren, the devil has been making a fool of us and a mockery of the truth (John 10:10). This is a grand deception because the teachings produce apostasy and many of the miracles are inward, affecting your soul, spirit, body, thoughts, mind, dreams, and visions. Once you receive the ‘gift impartations’ and start believing and praying as taught in the Fire books, everything seems true because you begin to get deceptively amazing and vivid, yet false, dreams (for example spiritual warfare dreams), visions, and even see things with your physical eyes open. The devil is able to give false dreams and visions (Jeremiah 2:8; 23:13; 23:32). This is what even Pastor Kim said about the worldliness of these encounters:
“Once we had entered the spiritual realm, astonishing and extraordinary events took place. It is beyond our imagination. Generally, people would dream and imagine. They would then create and reenact it with movies. Their imaginations would become reality. They would create scripts to make ridiculous movies. What I was witnessing in front of my eyes was just like the movies, pure fiction. Sometimes I am confused. Sometimes I think I am in the movie itself. The things I am witnessing are the things I have seen many times on fantasy, Sci-Fi, or martial art adventures.” Book 4, June 19, 2005
Deliverance and Freedom:
In 2012, we (Brother A and Sister B) both asked for a word from the Lord Jesus Christ through Charis (She is a humble 13 year old girl of very sincere and God fearing parents whom we know on a personal level. We consider her to be a true servant of God and the messages and rebukes we received from the Lord through her are all Biblically sound and instead refer us to the Bible truth). One of us was rebuked for having no faith and instructed to read the Bible daily and pray three times a day in order to build up our relationship with the Lord. Another was rebuked for being unfaithful in my Prayers and Bible reading. We were both shocked by these words because we had been faithfully praying as taught by Pastor Kim and were expecting compliments from the Lord. However, these words were true because we had been skipping Bible reading but making time for sermons and reading visions, dreams, and others books. We also spent much time praying in tongues and shouting out the weapons but not using our mouths to faithfully and simply ask in prayer (1 Corinthians 14:15; Mark 11:24; John 16:24; Matthew 7:7). Our faith has grown tremendously in just over a year and a half of reading the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and praying daily. We ask and we receive as we abide in God’s Word and let His Word abide in us (John 15:7).
We praise our Lord Jesus Christ of the Bible for His awesome deliverance in October 2013! We were shocked when we first saw The Lord’s rebuke of Pastor Kim and Pastor Christine through the False Witness article. After carefully examining the claims in that article and comparing them to Bible evidence, our eyes were opened and we could see the error in these holy fire teachings which we blindly had followed because of the “signs.” No one would have been able to convince us that there was anything wrong with the holy fire ministry as we were completely clueless that we were blind and captive. We did not want to be punished along with false witnesses (Proverbs 19:9) so we went in prayer and asked the God of the Bible calling out His various names, asking Him show us the truth, asking for help to repent and for Him to deliver us. We also fasted for deliverance from the demonic spirits associated with these false teachings and the Lord was so faithful to deliver us. At first Sister B was confused, embarrassed, and struggled for a couple of days, but once she genuinely repented, the deliverance from demons of false teaching was instant and we could not stop thanking God with tears of joy being overtaken with gladness and feeling saved again. Brother A also struggled in the same way for about a week but he also humbled himself repenting and was delivered. The Lord rescued us and we feel much lighter with this burden off my shoulders. We now have the peace as the Lord Jesus Christ has set us FREE from many wrong teachings we believed. We are also enjoying His presence like never before. I (Sister B) used to worry that a demon was going to jump out of nowhere to fight me when it is dark. This is a curse when you’re living disobediently (Proverbs 28:1; Leviticus 26:14-17). This worry and fear of the dark is now gone. We are sleeping many peaceful dream free nights. The numerous demonic warfare dreams are also gone. After the "fire impartation", we started getting seemingly powerful end-time disaster dreams sometimes after we would watch another prophetic message. Those are gone. The meaningless visions of demons, lights in the sky, mountains, and other meaningless visions that came during prayer while eyes were closed are gone. The fire and electricity feelings are gone. Also, while praying I (Sister B) used to sense a big demonic hand over my head which prompted me to shout ‘holy fire!’. It is now gone as well. We praise and magnify our Awesome Lord and Savior for His mighty deliverance!!
Please Note: Only the Risen Savior Jesus of the Holy Bible can deliver you from false teachings. If you have been involved in the “holy fire” ministry or another similar ministry, please repent and turn to the TRUE and LIVING Jesus and allow Him to remove the veil so you can see (2 Corinthians 3:16-17). He will give you the grace to know the truth and set you free (John 8:31-32). Please repent from these unbiblical teachings, keep away from the false teachers (Romans 16:17) and "Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon" (Isaiah 55:6-7).
Preparing for the Kingdom Ministry.
Follow-Up: Response to Pastor Christine
After we wrote this article article "Blazing Holy Fire" Teachings and the Sabbath Question”, Pastor Christine wrote a message about discerning false prophets, and in this message she made some troubling comments.
1: Prediction about the Lord’s second coming:
We don’t know who Pastor Christine was alluding to. But to clear any misunderstandings, let me reiterate that as a ministry, we do not endorse date-setting pertaining to the Lord’s second coming, for the Word of God clearly states that no one knows the day or the hour (Matthew 24:36). The Lord has been gracious to show us visions of the rapture; however, we have not explicitly stated that He will return on such and such a date. In the article “Please Evangelize” we ended with a section called “When will the Lord come?” and alluding to a vision that Charis was shown celebrating her 12th birthday and the rapture happened we clearly stated with a disclaimer that:
"We surely don't know, we asked Him directly since we are allowed to ask questions, but He did not answer this question. We certainly don't want to get involved in date-setting, however we expect the Lord any day, I say so because when we asked Him something that involves an extended time span, He gives no answer. Did He show Charis the Rapture? Yes He did last year April. I send some people her RAPTURE Vision and we surely do not interpret the vision to mean it will be on her 12th birthday as she saw in the vision it could mean the 12th hour as well."
Pastor Christine also posted the same article on her website with this disclaimer, as shown by the screen capture below from her website at the time:
Below is a screenshot of the email communication I had with Pastor Christine about adding the above disclaimer:
Pastor Christine said “The ministry that teaches about people is not the ministry of Jesus. Read the 4 Gospels, there is not a single place where Jesus called names and then preached against them.”
We do not preach about a specific person, but we do boldly warn God’s children against false teachers and their false doctrines. That God is a good God, full of love and compassion and out of His goodness, He corrects wrong destructive behavior and sin as a good father does his children(Hebrews 12:5-11; Proverbs 3:12). In the Old Testament, the Lord rebuked people by name (Kings, nations, and prophets) so they could repent, return to Him, and be saved. The prophet Jeremiah rebuked the prophet Hananiah for falsely prophesying (Jeremiah 28:12-17). The Lord rebuked Paul and caused him to be blind for a few days (Acts 9:1-9). Also, Paul rebuked many people by name. He rebuked a false prophet Elymas. The hand of the Lord was against Elymas and he went blind for some time (Acts 13:4-12). He rebuked the apostle Peter in front of everyone (Galatians 2:11-19). Peter rebuked Simon the Sorcerer (Acts 8:18-25). Remember Ananias and Sapphira? They lied to the Holy Spirit and they were not only rebuked publicly but put to death and others took warning (Acts 5:1-11). We are commanded to rebuke elders who are sinning publicly so others may take warning (1 Timothy 5:20).
3: They [false prophets] preach against the fire ministry:
This is a not a Biblical way to discern if a person is a false prophet; Nowhere in the Bible has a special ministry been given to impart holy fire. We know and support the five-fold ministry (Ephesians 4:11), the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:1-11) and the other smaller but equally important gifts (Romans 12:6-8). There is no such ministry in the Bible to go about imparting holy fire when the Bible says we will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon us (Acts 1:8). Why do we still need holy fire if that power has been imparted in the first place and that power is to preach the gospel, not to exert ‘power’ over demons. Angels fight demons, while we overcome them through our faith and obedience to the Lord (Daniel 10:20-21; Revelation 20:1-3).
4. They [false prophets] teach against the gifts of the Holy Spirit:
As we have shared in this Blazing Holy Fire Teachings and the Sabbath Question article, Holy Fire, Holy Poisonous Thorns, Holy Electricity, are not gifts of the Holy Spirit per God’s Holy Word. The weapons of shouting Jesus' Blood, and shouting out the armor of God (instead of “putting on”) is unbiblical and does not work.
We gave a firsthand account of some of the false blazing holy fire ‘gifts’. The ‘gifts’ we mentioned are not in the Bible and the Bible warns us not to add or take away from God’s word (Deuteronomy 4:2; Deuteronomy 12:32; Proverbs 30:6, Revelation 22:18-19). The Bible is true, pure, and flawless (Psalms 119: 160; Psalm 12:6; Proverbs 30:5-6).
5. Pastor Christine asked: "How can someone who has not been to heaven teach you about it?" Pastor Christine boasts about her heaven and hell experiences, but nowhere in the Bible is it written that going to heaven is a prerequisite in order to teach about it. Sister Christine’s assertion that one needs to have been to heaven to teach about it is faulty and unbiblical. The Bible truth and the power of the Holy Spirit is sufficient enough in order to preach about heaven (Acts 1:8; 2 Timothy 4:2).
Pastor Christine received unbiblical impartations of “fire” and “gifts” from dead saints in “heaven”; what kind of heaven is this that violates the Word of God? Nowhere in the Bible was it permitted for us to receive gifts or oracles from God from the dead; this is demonic (Deuteronomy 18:11; Ecclesiastes 9:5-6; Isaiah 38:18-19). Therefore even the authenticity of Pastor Christine’s heaven and hell experiences is questionable per the Bible’s teaching.
6. Pastor Christine said: 'be careful when you read an article or hear a teaching that tells you “This pastor and that pastor and that one… are going to hell!”'
The Lord Judged Judas' destiny (Matthew 26:24). In the Seven (7) Woe's, the Lord judged the teachers of the Law and Pharisees as children of hell, hypocrites, blind fools, blind men, and blind guides among other things (Matthew 23:13-39). Furthermore, Jesus told some Jewish people who were unable to understand what He was saying "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God” (John 8:44-47). On that note, the Lord does not delight in the death of the wicked and He warns us that we may repent, return to Him, and be saved (Ezekiel 18:23). The Lord rather delights in showing us mercy and compassion in forgiving our sin (Micah 7:18-19).
With Blessed Truth,
Preparing for the Kingdom Ministry